Implementing family planning is the right and obligation of every couple and individual. Therefore, the law on population prohibits the following acts:
- Obstructing or forcing the practice of family planning;
- Selecting the gender of unborn babies in any form; Diagnosing to select the sex of the fetus by methods such as identification through symptoms or pulse; through blood, gene, amniotic fluid, or cell tests; or through ultrasound and other methods. Terminating fetuses for the reason of sex selection by methods of abortion, or the supply and use of assorted chemicals, drugs and other measures;
- Producing, trading in, importing and supplying fake contraceptive devices, or those which fail to satisfy quality standards, are past their expiration date, or have not yet been permitted for circulation;
- Illegal migration and residence;
- Propagating, disseminating or issuing information contrary to the population policy, the nation’s good moral traditions, or adversely affecting the population work and social life;
- Human cloning.