The process is as follows:
- The person requesting the marriage registration submits the application dossier to the competent People’s Committee at the Commune level;
- The recipient is responsible for immediately checking the entire dossier, comparing the information in the Declaration Form and the legal validity of the documents in the dossier submitted or presented by the requesting person.
- If the application dossier is complete and valid, the recipient of the dossier will write a receipt clearly stating the date and time of returning the outcome; if the dossier is insufficient or incomplete, he/she will immediately guide the applicant to supplement and complete the dossier according to the regulations; if the dossier is unable to be supplemented or completed immediately, the recipient must create a guidance document in writing that clearly states the type of documents and contents to be supplemented which is signed and contains the full name of the recipient.
- After receiving the complete and valid application dossier, the judicial and civil status officer checks and verifies the dossier. If both the man and woman are eligible for to get married according to the regulations, he/she will report to the Chairman of the Commune-level People’s Committee for consideration and decision. If the Chairman of the Commune-level People’s Committee agrees with the submission, he/she will sign 02 originals of the Certificate of Marriage. The judicial and civil status officer will then record the marriage in the Marriage Registration Book, instruct both parties to check the content of the Certificate of Marriage and the Marriage Registration Book and, together with both the husband and wife, sign the Marriage Registration Book. Both husband and wife also sign the Certificate of Marriage together. The Chairman of the People’s Committee organizes the handover of the Certificate of Marriage to both the husband and wife.
Documents to be submitted:
- Marriage Registration Declaration form. Both man and woman can file one marriage registration declaration form together.
- Documents issued by the competent authorities of the neighboring country, dated less than 6 months prior to the date of submission of the dossier, certifying the citizen of the neighboring country currently is not married.
- Copy of the documents proving the personal identity and place of residence in the border area of the citizen from the neighboring country.
03 working days. In case of verification is required, the time for processing will not exceed 08 working days.