According to the laws on population, citizens shall have the following rights and obligations:
Rights of the citizens:
- To be supplied with information on the population;
- To be provided with quality, convenient, safe and confidential population services as prescribed by law;
- To select measures to take care of reproductive health, practice family planning and raise population quality;
- Choose a place of residence according to the provisions of the law.
Obligations of citizens:
- To practice family planning; building families with few children, which are prosperous, equal, progressive, happy and sustainable;
- To take appropriate measures to raise their own physical, intellectual and spiritual abilities and those of their family members;
- To respect the interests of the State, society and community in readjusting the population size, population structure, population distribution, and in raising the population quality;
- Every couple and individual have the obligation to implement a small family size – with 1 or 2 child(ren) – that is prosperous, equal, progressive, happy, and sustainable.