Hannah is a Senior Associate who joined Le & Tran in March 2014. Hannah has extensive legal advisory experience in business law. Hannah was involved in the areas of investment and corporate compliance for global corporations. In 2019 Hannah joined Family Lawyers, a legal branch of Le & Tran. She has successfully resolved a wide variety of complex family matters including: marriage, divorce, child matters, wills and estates and immigration issues.
- Assisted foreign nationals in successfully registering their marriage with Vietnamese citizens in Vietnam.
- Assisted foreign national couples in successfully registering their marriage in Vietnam.
- Assisted couples in making prenuptial agreements which involve their assets inside and outside of Vietnam.
- Assisted with the creation of mutual agreements on marital assets overcoming restrictions of Vietnam law applied to foreigners owning properties in Vietnam.
- Assisted parents in obtaining Vietnamese birth certificates and obtaining foreign citizenship for their newborn babies in Vietnam.
- Assisted a foreign national with the adoption of his stepdaughter. A complex scenario where the biological father refused to be part of the process. Solutions were found to overcome the deadlock.
- Assisted a foreign resident with the adoption process of his stepdaughter in Vietnam. Difficulties in obtaining critical documentation to satisfy the adoption being granted, were successfully overcome.
Divorce and child matters
- Defended a foreign national in a complex custody dispute matter involving an unmarried couple and their son. The young child was at threat and custody rights were being abused.
- Defended a foreign citizen in a custody dispute over their child who was brought to Vietnam without consent.
- Defended a foreign national in a divorce dispute with a Vietnamese citizen. The dispute related to significant marital properties that were placed in the wife’s name due to the restrictions by the Vietnamese law applied to the husband as a foreigner.
- Defended a foreign national in a dispute over the purchase of an apartment in Vietnam, whereby the ownership of the property was contested.
- Advised a foreign national on a potential divorce from her Vietnamese husband. Due to the restrictions on foreigners under Vietnamese law, all martial properties were under the husband’s and his relatives’ names.
Wills and estates
- Assisted two foreign individuals obtaining their inheritance entitlements. The inheritance was substantial and involved properties, money and access to safety deposit boxes. A challenging process due to multiple jurisdictions and other complexities. These challenges were successfully overcome, enabling full inheritance entitlements to be granted.
- Assisted in obtaining declaration of death in Vietnam under the Vietnam law and obtaining a Consular Report of Death Abroad under the U.S. law.
- Obtaining new Vietnamese birth certificates for American citizens.
- Creation of last will and testament for the distribution of real estate and personal property in multiple jurisdictions.
- Obtaining visas, work permits, temporary residence cards for foreign individuals in order to legally stay and work in Vietnam.
- Assisting foreign individuals with business start-ups in Vietnam.
- “Thank you very much for all your help! The service was really wonderful, and it was such a painless process.”
Anthony Sudarmawan – Client served by Family Lawyers
- “Thank you very much for all your assistance and the smooth process”
Hadyan Soemarjono – Client served by Family Lawyers
- “We thank you for your prompt and efficient assistance in this matter.”
Jette Seifert Kjeldsen – Client served by Family Lawyers
- “Thank you for the prompt follow-ups and clear clarifications.”
Victor Lee – Client served by Family Lawyers
- “Thank you very much Hannah for your very careful work”
Julie Zipline – Client served by Family Lawyers